Thursday, July 31, 2008

CoverGirl Color Match

I recently discovered Color Match by CoverGirl. This has got to be one of the easiest tools to use to find out just what shades of makeup match your skin tone, eye color, hair color, and even wardrobe! I just got matched, and I love the colors and products they recommend for me!

Not only do they tell you what your best shades are; they provide great custom tips and recommend products from their own lines. (Obviously a type of self-promotion, but still wonderful!) I was surprised to find that I already owned some of the products they recommended, in my matched shades. "Wow!" I grinned, "I'm doing better than I thought."

Here are some foundation tips that I was going to share anyway, and then found on Covergirl's tips. Yay!

  • Change your foundation from winter to summer; you don't want to look paler than you are when you're out shopping for bikinis!

  • Don't use your fingers to apply foundation. First of all, you end up transferring oil to your skin, and second, it's not as smooth an application. Use a sponge wedge or circle, because these provide smooth coverage.

  • If you're not planning on wearing eyeshadow (or even if you are) use foundation on your eyelids as well as the rest of your face. It really brightens up your look!

  • Make sure to blend your foundation well and not leave a line at the jaw; blend down slightly onto your neck so that you don't look like you're wearing a mask.

  • On that note, when shopping for foundation, try holding the bottle up to your face in a mirror. Get the shade that matches perfectly; it doesn't matter if you want to look tanner hun. That's what bronzer is for.
My last piece of advice in this post: go check out CoverGirl's website and their Color Matching. Believe me, you won't regret it!

1 comments:

Alice @Ogni cosa bella รจ viola said...

Hi! I'm a make up enthusiast and i love these kind of advices, so i wanna try it!
bye.